Sang Jun Lee received his BFA in Illustration at the Academy of Art University in California. After graduating, he continued to explore his imagination by specializing in character, costume, and creature design for live action film, feature Animation, commercial and game studios. Such clients include Industrial Light & Magic, Lucas Film, Blue Sky Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment, and Electronic Arts. His film credits include Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars Episode III, Men in Black II, Hulk, War of the Worlds, Dr seuss’ “Horton hears a who,” and Blue Sky’s 2011 release, “Rio”.
2009-Present Blue Sky Animation Studio
– Leaf Men (?) Character design
2007-2009 Blue Sky Animation Studio
– Rio (2011) Character design and development
2005-2007 Blue Sky Animation Studio SR concept artist (Fox Animation)
– Horton hears a Who! (2008) Main character designer
2005 Electronic Arts (EA) The Lord of the ring(online) concept artist
2005 Eragon costume and character design (Fox)
2005 WAR OF THE WORLD ILM Concept artist
2004-2005 Lucas Animation concept artist for bidding projects
2002-2004 Lucas Film SR concept artist & storyboard artist
STAR WARS EP3 (2005)
– Character,creature and costume design
– Illustration, storyboard and creature sculpting
2002 PIRATE OF THE CARIBBEAN (2003) concept artist
– Character design (skeleton characters)
2002 ILM PETER PAN (2003) concept artist & storyboard artist
– Pirate ship design, storyboarding and illustration scene
2001 ILM HULK (2003) concept artist
Character design (Hulk and Hulk dogs)
2000 ILM MEN IN BLACK II (2002) concept artist
– Character design (main & background), special effect designs
99, 2000 SONY Computer Entertainment America, concept artist
– Rise of Honor PlayStation II (2004) game
99 ILM Concept artist for Harry Potter project for bidding
– Character design and layout design.
2009 Nomination on Annie Awards by “Horton hears a who!”
– Character design in an Animated Feature Production.
Concept design, Storyboarding, illustration, costume design, Traditional and 3D digital Modeling and Art direction
95-99 Academy of Art College, San Francisco.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration.